Last year, I told you guys that I wanted to verify my Paypal Account using GCASH American Express Virtual Card. After I got KYCed in GCASH (Know Your Customer), I actually immediately registered to GCASH Amex as it offered a few weeks of free trial. I thought it was enough but, unfortunately, Paypal rejected my virtual card and the system said that the card was already expired.
What happened made me quite disappointed but I was determined to have my Paypal verified so when the time (and money) permitted, I renewed my GCASH Amex subscription for a year. It cost me 250php which was deducted from my GCASH account. After that, I just followed a few simple steps and waited for a couple of days to see the fruit of my labor. lols.
Yay! Because I feel happy that I finally got verified, I'll share with you a step by step tutorial on how to verify your Paypal Account using GCASH Amex:
- Make sure that you already have a GCASH account and you're KYCed. Read my tutorial on how to register and verify a GCASH account here.
- Register to GCASH Amex here. Just carefully follow the steps and properly fill out all the forms and you're good to go. You may also register easily by dialing *143# on your phone, choose GCASH > Gcash Amex > Sign up.
- Go to Paypal's official website and log in to your account.
- Click the "Get Verified" tab and you'll see the form below:
5. Fill the boxes out then click continue. You'll then be charged around $2 to verify that your account is active. This amount will be refunded once you completed the verification process.
6. Paypal will send a four-digit code which is needed for the final verification. See below:
7. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve the four digit code. Include your mobile number and Gcash Amex account number in your email. (It took 2 or 3 days for Globe to send my four digit code.)
8. Once you receive the code, log in to your Paypal account again and enter the code.
Congratulations! You now have a verified Paypal account! Though there are other ways to do it, I find this one easier.
If you have questions or if there are parts in the post that are not clear, don't hesitate to ask them out in the comment bx below! :)
Nakakadismaya. May mga salapi din ako sa Paypal na di ko ma-withdraw kasi magulo. May nagsasabing sa Mercury Drug daw, may pwedeng gamiting pang-withdraw, meron naman nagsasabi sa Unionbank. Meron na naman sa GCASH. Hehe. Hirap!ReplyDelete
Hahaha. Ngayon ko lang nalaman yang sa Mercury drug. :pDelete
Karamihan Unionbank ang ginamit e. Malayo lang kasi Unionbank dito kaya Gcash Amex ginamit ko. :)
Magpaverify kana para mawithdraw mu na ang milyun milyon mong salapi. hehe :)
Hi, Tanong lang... Nagagamit po ba ang Gcash Amex pang cash out from paypal?Delete
Hi Allan! I'm not sure, di ko pa na-try. I use Landbank ATM kasi pag nagwiwithdraw. :)Delete
Thank you for sharing this! OMG! Pwede ko na iregister bf ko for verification. :DReplyDelete
You're welcome sis! :)Delete
ayus yan GcashReplyDelete
Yep. So easy to use pa. :)Delete
This is very helpful. I also have funds in my paypal account and my account is not verefied. Glad this one could help. Gonna register soon. Thanks again.ReplyDelete
You're welcome! :) Glad to be of help. :)Delete
You repeated the verification process for paypal after your gcash amex subscription was expired? Is that possible?ReplyDelete
No I didn't. I wasn't verified the first time I tried it because their system said the card I was trying to use was already expired.Delete
Ask ko lang, anong Billing address ng GCASH AMEX ang dpat kung gagamitin? ung US ADDRESS or ung Philippine ADDRESS? or both?ReplyDelete
pano po ung csc sa paypal diko gets un ehReplyDelete
Hindi ko magamit yung US Billing address na binigay ng globe gcash amex sa paypal. Hindi siya tinatanggap. Ano'ng pwede kong gawin?ReplyDelete
tanong lang pwede ba kasi nasa ph country yung paypal mp then us base naman yan gcash amex maveverify parin ba?ReplyDelete
thank you!! magandang idea to..:) tagal ko nang gusto maverified account ko..ReplyDelete