Last year, I told you guys that I wanted to verify my Paypal Account using GCASH American Express Virtual Card. After I got KYCed in GCASH (Know Your Customer), I actually immediately registered to GCASH Amex as it offered a few weeks of free trial. I thought it was enough but, unfortunately, Paypal rejected my virtual card and the system said that the card was already expired.
What happened made me quite disappointed but I was determined to have my Paypal verified so when the time (and money) permitted, I renewed my GCASH Amex subscription for a year. It cost me 250php which was deducted from my GCASH account. After that, I just followed a few simple steps and waited for a couple of days to see the fruit of my labor. lols.
Yay! Because I feel happy that I finally got verified, I'll share with you a step by step tutorial on how to verify your Paypal Account using GCASH Amex:
- Make sure that you already have a GCASH account and you're KYCed. Read my tutorial on how to register and verify a GCASH account here.
- Register to GCASH Amex here. Just carefully follow the steps and properly fill out all the forms and you're good to go. You may also register easily by dialing *143# on your phone, choose GCASH > Gcash Amex > Sign up.
- Go to Paypal's official website and log in to your account.
- Click the "Get Verified" tab and you'll see the form below:
5. Fill the boxes out then click continue. You'll then be charged around $2 to verify that your account is active. This amount will be refunded once you completed the verification process.
6. Paypal will send a four-digit code which is needed for the final verification. See below:
7. You may email